Test our new tool!

Hi,

I’m a User Interface designer at CHOICE. I’d like your feedback on a new tool we’re soon to roll out on the website. Please interact with the tool and tell us about your experience.

Note: This is not the live website version of the tool, but a prototype of how it could look and function.

It’ll take 10 -15 minutes, all online and anonymous so your privacy is protected.

Please use a desktop computer, as it won’t work on a mobile or tablet.

It is NOT compatible with Safari and internet explorer browser types.

To access the tool click the link below.

Click Me!

If you’ve got questions please reach out.

Thanks again,
CHOICE product team

1 Like

Since it called me Michaela I think privacy is covered.

Some more information about what the tool is and for before you start would be good. I bet no more than 1 in ten know what a UI/UX designer is, as a self introduction that could have been better.

I am unsure how useful it is to assess the mobile version on a big screen.

The software was rather raw, to the point that failures are a distraction. I would have done more in-house testing before going public. You will not get much value from the public testing it as is. Let us know when it is more polished.

5 Likes

Can I ask if you have tested properly using Web application testing tools before reaching out to ATGPs? It broke on the very first screen for me using Chrome.

I am talking about functional testing before you get to user acceptance testing using Maze. Or is the purpose to test Maze, and not a user function?

( Alpha Testing Guinea Pigs)

5 Likes

I did it on a Apple tablet. It wouldn’t let me past the start of the desktop or the mobile experience.

2 Likes

No worries on the desktop, but it was not initially obvious the popup window was separate from the real quiz that was on the right of the screen. It seemed simplistic enough to wonder why it would be value added rather than a ‘pretty picture’. Everything there can be filtered in the Choice review displays and shown in the comparison tables, and for example capacity has so many parameters a real quiz could overwhelm some of the less technically able to grasp it all. My version is

Start Quiz
Ring 3 local business for quotes
End quiz

3 Likes

I hardly ever use a desktop/laptop to browse, access Choice etc. I use a 5th Gen iPad (still Apple supported) and when out an iPhone 14. I know many older Australians who only use a tablet/mobile.

I’d hope the tool is going to be of benefit, assuming it will work on handheld Android and IOS devices.
I was a little surprised it caused the following error on the iPad which usually scales any web resource without difficulty.

P.S.
I might be able to change a Safari setting to resolve. However in the world of the users I know life is mostly just keep tapping or clicking randomly at the screen in the hope the problem will either resolve itself or the App close and go away.

Hope it goes well with debugging and assessing the usability of the user interface.

2 Likes

Using a desktop as requested and seem to work to some extent. I have included detailed comments in the tool.

While it worked, selection of options in the tool needs some work. It is possible to select more than one option (such as yes, no, other) and some selections locked to predetermined selections (brands and room size).

3 Likes

Couldn’t select room size - only options were both zero or 4x2
Couldn’t check “All Brands” and when I checked Actron Air, only Daikin, LG and MHI were selected?
Possibly should have mentioned in the introduction that this is purely a look and feel test and that it doesn’t ‘actually work’ ? (guessing).
Also I don’t believe grouping ‘ethical’ and ‘reliable’ is appropriate …

Interesting test … :wink:

2 Likes

The problem is that errors and failures prevent you from exploring the L & F and distract from broader questions of what data is required and how it would be best displayed.

2 Likes