SURVEY: Boxing day sales. We need your help!

Hi CHOICE Community members.

We’re looking ahead to the Boxing Day sales and want to understand a little more about people’s attitude to these sales. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few minutes to fill out this simple survey - it will take no more than five minutes.

We really appreciate your help.

Marg

3 Likes

What is the point of providing a point score? What does the point score tell you? (I got a 0 because I have never been to a boxing day sale, and don’t intend to go to one.)

You left the Nov 11 (11.11) sale off the Black Friday, Cyber Monday, etc. list. That’s the BIGGEST sale in China, and given that Ali Baba/Express is the largest on-line retailer in the world, a lot of people buy stuff then.

6 Likes

What happened to Q2b & Q3? Were they omitted because I have no intention of spending $$ at a Boxing Day (and/or any other heavily promoted) sale?

4 Likes

Thanks for that feedback, Meltam. I’ll pass it along.

2 Likes

That’s right. You’ll see different questions depending on your answer to the first one.

4 Likes

I’d rather drink petrol and poke my own eyes out than go to any Boxing Day sale.
So no point in my opinion in your survey.

6 Likes

I have no idea either. Providing feedback seems at first to be useful but as there is no information about what it means it isn’t useful at all.

3 Likes

You are welcome.

Is there a risk that those in the community who are more aware consumers are also less compulsive spenders? Hence your outcome will be skewed to reflect just the preferences of the more considered behaviours of those motivated by shared Choice values.

Christmas Day has been exclusively one for staying at home and enjoying the company of the immediate family. Some may be visiting and staying for the week. On Boxing Day it’s taking turns each year to visit other family members on a day out or day plus over-night stay or entertain them.

What sales? I grew up when shops in QLD all closed at 5pm on weekdays and noon Saturday. Public holidays were just that. Why change? :wink:

10 Likes

Really sorry but can’t help: I refuse to spend my Xmas holidays shopping!
I buy presents throughout the year when I see something nice and possibly on sale. I’ve never been to all night sales ( like Chadstone shopping centre) nor to Boxing Day sales. :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Never been to one, no intentions to go in future either. Have seen crazy people on TV rushing into large shops for them, it’s not my scene!

7 Likes

Yes

Torque, your one-word answer is very interesting, good to know you are still around the chat room, sometimes just reading comments is enough, but remember that creative thinkers are rare. Sharing ideas and solutions helps readers to reduce the mental stress that has taken over the world in past 3 years.