Steam Mop Review

I would be interested to know if anyone has a favourite steam mop. I have tried a couple of different brands, but get streaks or marks on the tiles.

6 Likes

We recently updated our steam mop review (member content). If anyone from the Community has experience with these products, please share it to this thread.

6 Likes

Streaking could be caused by either a dirty cloth/microfibre cleaning pad or from previously used cleaning residues on the tiles (or left on the grout between the tiles).

If it is the cloth, either replace it with a new one or wash it well, rinse several times and then place it back on the mop.

If it is the tiles, the tiles may need a very good clean (with a cleaning product if the residues are say soap or fats/oils and then rinse the tiles very well).

It could also be the grout is getting old and when you clean the tiles, some of the grout dissolves in the steam, sticks to the cleaning cloth and then causes streaks elsewhere. If this is the case, unless the grout is removed and replaced (a costly exercise), it may be best to avoid using the steam mop on these tiles as it may cause damage in the long term.

6 Likes

Our 2019 steam mop review is now available (member content).

1 Like

Another update on our steam mops review for members.

I notice that the latest review on steam cleaners does not assess cleaning ability? Am I missing something?

1 Like