'Smart' TV Tests

It doesn’t. To be able to provide such a measurement, we would need a RF-shielded space in which to conduct the test. We had one in the building years ago, that used to be used for radio tests. It was far too small to be used for TV testing ( and was eventually removed ).

You could think of our test as being ‘real-world’. We connect the TV to our lab WLAN, but that WLAN exists in an environment where there are many other wireless networks. The vast majority of TVs exhibit no issues with their Wi-Fi. In fact, the last issue I recall was with a TV that artificially limited the password length when connecting to a wireless network.

I’ve not encountered any issues with recent Samsung models, and at a guess, I would suspect that the TV in question may have a fault, rather than there being a design issue with that model.

Of course, the very nature of testing as many new models as possible, means that we are limited in the time that we spend with any one of them. This is where the CHOICE Community really helps, in bringing to light issues that only become apparent after extended use, or that may be due to unusual environmental conditions etc.

4 Likes