Should you buy Aldi's heat pump dryer?

If you’re thinking about getting one of these dryers in tomorrow’s Aldi sale, you might find this informaiton useful:

5 Likes

I was also under the impression (and also from using then when travelling), that the drying times can be significant compared to the traditional types.

4 Likes

And this is some additional general information from Choices UK cousin, Which about heat pump driers:

The other thing to note is that one can’t go by product reviews for previously sold Aldi products, as often each new batch of the product is different to the proceeding one (and possibly manufactured by different manufacturers potentially to different qualities and specifications).

4 Likes

I considered it until I remembered they dont deliver. I have no available friend and no trolley so even though it appeals, I can’t do it. Back to Appliances Online for a vented dryer, because they deliver free and take away the old dysfunctional one, too.

3 Likes

Aldi’s price tag does stack up pretty well against the prices quoted by Which in their UK reviews for 5 other brands. I’m assuming the UK quoted prices include VAT at 20%. Note the article does date from Dec 2016.

Fast forward to July 2019.
Comparing the online prices of heat pump driers at appliancesonline and also the detailed Choice recommendations and ten different models reviewed.

The Aldi price asks a serious question of all Australian retailers and their product pricing, assuming the product is of similar quality!

3 Likes

But we know a lot of our retail businesses are profit taking at our expense. If you can buy overseas from a retailer, get it sent here, pay the extra GST, possibly even import duties and still pay way way less than a major retailer’s price here you know we are being gouged. The retailers don’t buy the items at retail to onsell to us…they buy them wholesale or they bulk import them… We are just stuck with a system that isn’t about fair.

3 Likes