Shopping sites - little or dodgy information

Occasionally I browse shopping web sites…but, ultimately become frustrated as often the descriptions seen to be missing vital information…today I opened Groupon.com[I thought] - looked at a HD Action Camera - nowhere can I find how this object is powered a request to site produced nothing helpful…

I have found a similar thing with ALDI’s Special Buys. It is annoying and simply means they don’t get my money.

1 Like

Harris Scarfe never seem to put descriptions on their online site . Can be a real pain sometimes

I think it is because their wholesaler would be OS - my experience is that all descriptions are poorly translated versions of whichever language the country of origin is in…I have mistakenly bought products with - as it turns out - not enough detail - lots of ‘fluff and bubble’ focussing on colours, materials - not on range[in the case of speakers] including how far from source of music as well as range to be heard away from the source??? length of cables supplied, sizes of batteries required - many unheard of in Australia - like the lamp i bought from Target $3I - has two different sized globes - target don’t sell these!!! I found one of the sizes at bunnings!!! haven’t yet been to electrical supplier - I’m sure they will not have it either - I hope to be proven wrong!!! You would think[target - no doubt purchased these for as little as $10 each including freight and handling - couldn’t get the globes[at least one each] supplied with original purchase - great xmas gift - not!!! not to mention with ‘outdoor’ cameras, lights etc, are there any guarantees the products are weatherproof!!! they are getting better at this at long last at least - but, totally misleading and the ‘dolts’ at CA and ACCC don’t pick up on it - considering the NUMBER of websites there are - many of them the SAME darn company and all dishonest in SO many ways - with NO recourse…there have been NO actions taken against these websites - so there must be no laws about them…