Shonkys 2017

The 2017 #Shonkys are here! Read more about each winner here: https://goo.gl/qmfU8N

Which is your favourite?

1 Like

Favourite shonky to avoid: Not to buya via viagogo…

Hmmmm apparently they won a ‘prestigious consumer award’ :rofl::

A bit of irony there methinks.

1 Like

@viveka and @BrendanMays, there should be a Grand Shonky for the absolute Shonkyest next year :slight_smile:

So much competition and it could make the regular Shonkys seems less shonky, but.

2 Likes

I would also like to add that I am astounded at the culpability of the car manufacturers who replaced the faulty Takata airbags with new faulty Takata airbags.

Would they be charged with industrial manslaughter if someone died as a result of faulty deployment?

4 Likes

Now that VitaGummies have been Shonkied I’ve noticed they’ve begun a saturation advertising marketing campaign via Microsoft apps. These video commercials weren’t a part of the usual ads that pop up on the Microsoft family of games until after they’d been named and shamed at the awards. The ads are now regularly popping up via the very popular titles of Microsoft’s Solitaire, mine-sweeper, word games etc. I wonder if they’re in damage control mode after winning their award and instead of just manning up and admitting their lollies are crap they’re hoping to just brainwash everyone into forgetting about their dubious new title? The only thing its achieving with me is reminding me that they got the Choice Gong to start with.

3 Likes

@meltam, I know that company directors have been indicted in the US for the deaths so far, but as the Shonky suggests, the response in Australia has been woefully inadequate and we expect more news to come. Jaguar and Land Rover have recalled vehicles in the past 48 hours.

@NubglummerySnr, I think you’re on point with that assessment, and no doubt it won’t be the last you hear from us about the nefarious product.

3 Likes

Coles has agreed to change their cat food label and remove the claim it is complete. Score a win for Choice. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I was about to comment that the Vita Gummies ads have now stopped on the Microsoft apps, but tonight I’m being saturated with commercials for Vita Gummies for adults instead, because us grown ups won’t take our vitamins unless they’re disguised as lollies. And what a huge range they have for us big kids to choose from! Bottle after colourful bottle of different themed Vita Gummies for adults, all targetting different areas in the vitamin benefits department. Do you think it’s a bit like the targetted pain relief pills that all had the same ingredients and didn’t actually target a specific area? Maybe they’re panicking about their stocks of Vita Gummies for kids that are no longer selling as well after getting their Shonky delivered so they’re repackaging them for the adult market? No idea how long they’ve had the adult versions, but it’s the first time I’ve seen the ads, and I’ve seen quite a lot of them tonight already… Does no one eat real food any more? Pretty sure I get plenty of vitamins from the fresh food I prepare at home for the family. No added vitamins required in this household.

Edit:
Never mind. Found this from 2 years ago. :confused:
Vita Gummies for Adults video commercial

2 Likes

Part of our prize from the 2017 Shonkys. Thanks Choice!

5 Likes

Congrats on the win @meltam :thumbsup:

4 Likes

Congratulations to your family :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ooh I hate Weber for doing that - they even make the box it came in look tasty !!! I’ve had a Weber kettle for ages, not used it in a while but it turned out many a great roast and bbq, and had the Q for a while before ‘the ex’ took it - she made an excellent choice :slight_smile: In my opinion they are great products - the smiles on your faces will only grow bigger (if that is possible) when you’ve sampled food prepared on it !!

A fantastic prize that will serve you for many years !

2 Likes

How right you are!

It is excellent. Our young man has taken possession of it, and has produced some delicious food. Most recently, we bought some pizza stones and have made scrumptious pizzas.

Yummmmm!

2 Likes