Samsung smart TV problems

My main intention of putting my story on line was to forewarn others of the business practices of Samsung. At no time did I think they would actually do anything. They had already stated their position, agreed with their repairer that they do not make the part and it was not available. Therefore, keeping the TV was superfluous to any future discussions. The main point I am making is in respect of Samsung - buyer beware if spending $0000’s.

4 Likes

Not having heard of Product Review I have now looked it up and agree it is a probably a better site. As I have stated all I wish to do now is forewarn others of Samsung business practices. So I will replicate my post here on that site. Thank you

3 Likes

I don’t think it s better just different and so posting on places such as Facebook, Twitter, Product Review, here, Reddit, Whirlpool, broadens your audience.

3 Likes

I heard or read many years ago that a satisfied customer might tell one or two people about their positive experience. A dissatisfied customer will tell on average 20.

This was before the World Wide Web had started to truly make its mark, and now that 20 may be 200 or 2,000 - or a lot more - if you write the right things in the right places.

Just one warning: stick to provable facts, except where you make clear that you are expressing a personal opinion. You do not need a large company getting annoyed at you.

And for a personal favourite - with over 20 million views:

It only takes a couple of those viewers to change their purchasing decision for this to have been a very costly PR disaster. Worse - there are two other videos and a book!

5 Likes

Absolute classic.

1 Like

I bought a new Samsung a month or so ago and have exactly the same problem. All apps except SBS OnDemand work fine. SBS OnDemand is fine except when the advts start - it freezes several times during the advts eventually completing and running the programme fine again. In total it probably freezes for 5 to 7 minutes while stopping and starting the advts. I deleted the app and reloaded it. No change. Clearly an incompatibility between the the Samsung operating system and the SBS App. Its pleasing that Ive found someone else with the problem. Its not pleasing that no one - particularly Samsung or SBS - have done anything about it.

4 Likes

I purchased a Samsung Serif two weeks ago and have the same issue with ads freezing on SBS on demand whereas I had no problem on the old Samsung Smart TV. I spoke with SBS who eventually acknowledged the issue with Samsung TVs and advised it would take weeks to fix. I believe they have no intention considering the issue is not new so I contacted Samsung advising them of the fault and that it seemed to me a joke that they advertise on SBS yet you cannot watch the ad on a Samsung . They advise they will take action. I’m not holding my breath.

2 Likes

Does anyone know what model TV was it? There are 252 65" Samsung TVs listed on ProductReview.