We’re looking into conducting a running shoes investigation after feedback from members, which will involve durability testing. We want to make this relevant to as broad a number of members as possible, so we’d like to know which results you’d like to see.
Please select the test that you consider to be the most important:
- Flex stress test - the total number of flexes before the sole shows signs of damage.
- Wear test - Simulate wear that erodes the grip and sole over time.
- Grip (specifically) wear test - Simulate wear that erodes various areas of the grip over time.
- Rip test – Stress the shoe to discover resistance to damage for everything above the sole.
- Grip/traction effectiveness test
- Waterproofing test
We also need to select a surface to test on. Which of these surfaces do your shoes regularly come into contact with?
- Running track material
If you have any other testing suggestions, feel free to them in the comments. This is new ground for CHOICE and we’re eager to gauge as much community feedback as possible.