Robotic Vacuum Cleaners review

I wonder what will come next. More capable and less expensive robotic floor cleaners?
Or
The upgrade to the architect designed house with rounded room corners, wall mounted suspended furnishings (like in bathrooms) and recessed flooring for flush level carpets.

P.S.
I found the review thorough and very useful. The current crop of robotic vacuum cleaners is not for our house. I’ll save up for the self directing lawn mower.

3 Likes

If you cannot mow what will you do for therapy?

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face: the therapeutic benefits diminish with the frequency of the need?

1 Like

Hi wondering if the robot cleaners are worth the money and which one would you recommend

Welcome to the Community @Chocko,

I merged your post into this existing topic that includes links to Choice reviews and commentary, as well as some comments.

Edit: Note some is member content and some is open content.

1 Like

Has anyone tried using the Makita Robot Vacuum? It is designed for workshop use and wouldn’t fit under some furniture, nor does it have a docking station, but it has the advantage of using the standard Makita 18V battery packs. This should give it plenty of grunt and might mean that one’s investment is in the vacuum rather than the batteries.

2 Likes

I would like to purchase a Xiaomi mi robot vacuum SDJQR02RR reviewed by Choice. Would some one who reviewed this product please let me know where it was purchased. Thanks

1 Like

Welcome to the Community @jadgirlie

If you mean a Choice reviewer, Choice purchases virtually all tested items incognito on the open market with few exceptions. Consumers often can find better deals shopping around, and sales come and go. Your best purchase method would be to check prices and then check reviews on the shop.

I suspect where a tested product was purchased might be kept under wraps since the Choice shopper might return again in future, and revealing sources might compromise the process.

If you mean one of the Members who posted their own reviews on the product, they are not all Members of the Community and would not see your request. I am not aware there is a way for consumer-consumer connection to them.

For either case, @ChrisBarnes might confirm or correct me.

3 Likes

Thanks @PhilT and @jadgirlie. We do often purchase tested items more or less incognito - though in some cases the retailer knows it’s us, which is fine. But there’s usually no problem revealing where we bought the items after the fact. The Xiaomi Mi Robot SDJQR02RR was bought from dicksmith.com.au back in 2019 when we tested it. It has disappeared from most retailers now as far as I can see, but is still in eBay stores. We’ll probably mark it as discontinued next time the review is updated.

5 Likes

Thank you so much Chris. I will get it from eBay.

5 Likes

Being a Chinese brand I had a look on AliExpress. There are Xiami Mi robot vacuums available for purchase from there.

2 Likes

Thank you. I will check it out.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info PhilT

3 Likes

Just looking for some actual customer reviews of the Astro c3 robot cleaner. All online reviews I can find seem to be linked with the company selling it. It is very cheap but claims to be excellent? Thanks

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community @Mirganspear,

I merged your interest into this existing topic about Robotic vacs. @jhook already posted a link to Choice advice, and that in turn links to Choice tests (Member Content). The Astro is not included indicating it is currently not a ‘popular’ product based on what consumers ‘are buying’.

Have you seen an advertisement for anything that does not claim to be excellent, number 1, etc? :wink:

What I see on the web looks like a collection of infomercials. Anytime the seller is the main source of reviews/testimonials it suggests one or more of small market presence or unreliable reviews/testimonials.

If you get tempted anyway, be sure to pay with a card just in case, check the change of mind and return policies, and if you are a happy customer please let us know.

3 Likes

Hope to purchase a ROBO VACUUM cleaner.
Is there a recent Choice test?

This is the most current review (member content):

It is also worth reading the article linked in this earlier post…

Welcome to the Community @FormerMember

I moved your post into this existing topic that includes links to the Choice test as well as member commentary.

1 Like

I have a concern about this category of cleaners. They are not vacuums! They are carpet sweepers pure and simple. Vacuums are driven by electric motors and actually “suck” up the dirt. These Bluetooth machines disappoint operators particularly on carpet where they basically don’t work. A TV report from Choice on Channel 7 tonight confirmed this but they referred to them as “vacuums”which they are not. Retailers are misleading the public by selling them as vacuums. Please stop this false advertising.
Pete

1 Like

Welcome to the community @beachramp.
There is an ongoing discussion on robotic vacuum cleaners. I’ve moved your comments to share in this topics discussion.

In addition to the Choice reviews of these products (general content available, results member only) Choice provides a product guide, recently updated. It’s not unusual for one or more of the networks (EG your ref to Ch-7) to pick up on the latest from Choice.