Renters, have you had to fill out an online rental application platform that demanded excessive information?

Journo callout for renters: Have you had to fill out an online rental application platform that demanded excessive information and documents? Send me a DM or email jblakkarly@choice.com.au

2 Likes

YES! Where are my rights to privacy? You have to fill out EVERYTHING/ANYTHING they want and if you don’t you are homeless. My dog’s name,what relevance is that? My personal relationships to people!
How many people view my information? You have to include ALL assets,tax,bank records and accounts.
There should be a central data bank that assesses a tenant and the ONLY information passed onto owners/agents is that the person is a trustworthy tenant who is viable and able to pay the rent.Even just a letter of credit from the bank or statutory declaration from your accountant. It MUST be changed it SO time consuming gathering and scanning documents and writing huge supporting reports and information why you are the best tenant. I got a score of 67% no one could tell me how to increase it or WHY I got that score.My circumstances didn’t change so every time I applied it was ONLY 67% SUCCESSFUL. I am elderly and was facing homelessness and living in my car Please investigate. I wrote and called regulators and they said they could do NOTHING to change my situation