Regional specific accessories for appliances

So recently purchased a vacuum that I’m really happy with.

Just one thing bugging me is that there are a couple of attachments for this exact model but they are not available in Australia. Not sold out not available, they were never brought to market. Even contacting them directly you’re just met with it’s not available here, no explanation and no method to purchase.

I get that in terms of they might not see the market in a particular region to invest in marketing and stoking of certain things. But in todays global purchasing economy and global information access it’s not difficult to either have a longer delivery option on local sites that source from a neighbouring region or at least not geo lock the regions that do stock from posting to regions that don’t.

1 Like

Hi @cosmicpracticaljoke, welcome to the community.

What is the vacuum and model? And what attachments are you after?

It might give members a chance to see if they have been parallel imported by someone other than the manufacturer/distributor or if there are non-OEM alternatives.

3 Likes

Thank you @cosmicpracticaljoke for sending through the product in question…

It’s the Electrolux UltimateHome 900 stick vacuum. Just make note though there is no issue on my end with the vacuum itself. It’s actually a really good vacuum and better than the Dyson V12 Detect Slim that I returned that it replaced and was a fraction of the cost.

Just the limitations in regards to attachments. The one specifically that I was after was the Electrolux Mop Head attachment.

New UltimateHome 900 - PowerPro Mop Nozzle - Mop floors after vacuuming

Also I noticed in some countries it was branded the 700 not 900. And also sometime instead of Electrolux the brand was AEG.

2 Likes