Recommend that you avoid the Coles Saba Foot Massager

Hi

I made the mistake of purchasing a Coles Saba Foot Massager.

It doesn’t massage, it only vibrates.

When I tried to return it the following day, Coles declined to give a refund as I had used it (less than 5 minutes in total, couldn’t stand the vibration).
Most soon to be headed to landfill I suspect, and plenty of disappointed Mum’s as it is marketed for Mothers Day.

Save your money and the disappointment.

4 Likes

Hi @Nicdonks, welcome to the community.

While it could be argued that a vibration isn’t a true massage (by hand), the massage industry uses vibration, poking and prodding, warm stones, hands, manipulating muscles etc as part of a massage.

Unfortunately since you didn’t like the product after its use is classed as a ‘change in mind’ under the Australian Consumer Law. With change of minds, a retailer can chose what its policy is in relation to a product which is returned and doesn’t have any faults. In this case, Coles is in it rights to refuse a refund or to take the product back for any other remedies. It can also nominate its own change of mind policy.

Notwithstanding this, Coles has a Try It. Love it. Or Your Money Back guarantee which states if one is dissatisfied with a product…

In accordance with our “Try It. Love it. Or Your Money Back.” guarantee, we encourage our customers to return the product, empty packaging or receipt of any Coles product they weren’t happy with, for a refund or replacement. This guarantee also applies to fresh produce and Delicatessen items.

I have a branded product I’m unsatisfied with, how can I get a refund or replacement? Please return to your local store with your receipt and the product if possible and our friendly team will assist you at the Customer Service Desk.

I can’t find details of what products the ‘guarantee’ applies to but it may be worth returning to store and quoting this when you try and return the food massager again. It is possible you may get the same response as before…which they have a right to do.,but it may be worth asking too see if there is a different response.

3 Likes

The Coles (and Woolies) guarantee about love it or return it are applicable to their company branded foods. We have gotten no hassle refunds for both Coles and Woolies products over the years when a once-off was substandard or we just did not like the product.

Each ‘guaranteed love it’ packaged product has the guarantee somewhere on the labelling - not always obvious but clearly there when found, plus for loose fresh foods.

As was posted: In accordance with our “Try It. Love it. Or Your Money Back.” guarantee, we encourage our customers to return the product, empty packaging or receipt of any Coles product they weren’t happy with, for a refund or replacement. This guarantee also applies to fresh produce and Delicatessen items .

It does not apply to branded (eg not Coles branded, not Woolies branded) merchandise or products unless the respective company ‘sponsors’ such returns. In one case we tried to return an unpalatable unopened (second container of two bought at once) nationally branded beverage to Coles and the store knocked us back. The manufacturer ignored us when we sought assistance. Coles corporate (media unit) authorised the return and the store cheerfully processed a refund when shown the corporate email.

5 Likes

The widely advertised Revitive IsoRocker also only “vibrates”.

It is actually a TENS unit and the electrical pulses feel like vibrations.

I have been using mine for years including right now.

1 Like

I misread the somewhat ambiguous wording, and took Coles product as a product from Coles and not Coles branded/labelled products. Maybe Coles should change the wording and add ‘branded’ or ‘labelled’ before ‘product’.

2 Likes

Coles label or name all their fresh produce as 'Coles" even when an item has the producers name on the packaging.

If they are prepared to put their name to something, then they should do likewise with refunds.

“Put their money where their mouth is”.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and feedback.

Just an update. I lodged an online complaint with Coles and received an email reply advising that I can return to the store for a refund. Problem solved.

Thanks again.

4 Likes