Recommend a radio app

l listen to my local ABC radio while working via the ABC Listen app…which is pretty ordinary at best, drops out all the time. Can anyone recommend a good app?

I used to use both TuneIn and IHeart radio. Free versions.

But if you want those to be useful these days, you either have to put up money to subscribe like the streaming service they are, or just use the free apps the radio stations provide, warts and all.

2 Likes

It’s always possible it is the App. Alternately how does one eliminate the possibility there is a different explanation? This might include an issue with the App and device compatibility or network.

It’s possible some have similar experiences while others like us have not experienced any problems with the ABC Listen App. Most recently this includes having it playing hands free from the mobile in the car. It’s a reasonable stress test of mobile tower handovers for the 80km over inner urban and out of the City Highway driving. Optus network 3/4G and iPhone 14. Optus 3G is still in service in our rural backyard.

3 Likes

ln my little village, you’re always within 8-900m of the tower & l have a newish flagship phone. The reviews on the app in playstore indicates its a common problem unfortunately. Funding cuts over the last decade or so to Aunty probably don’t help…

1 Like