Qld Health Incompetence

An article regarding the latest fiasco at Qld Health caused by the bungled rollout of a new IT system following the disastrous rollout of a new payroll system a few years ago.

When I had the unenviable experience of having been in the Cairns Base Hospital for 5 nights some months ago,I could not believe how bad it was.

The food was disgusting and a nurse told the patient in the bed next to me that the hospital has no money so they buy the cheapest “food” that they can source.

The mattress on his bed was broken and he could hardly sleep on it and everyday the staff promised it would be fixed but it never was.

The shower rose was faulty and would flood the bathroom floor and everyday the staff said it would be fixed but it never was.

Another nurse said that nothing was being fixed as the hospital had no money for maintenance.

When I asked what was happening to the multi-story old A and B blocks, a nurse said that they were being renovated for HR, "the really important people.

If there are ever plans to do a remake of Fawlty Towers, I have the perfect set for it.

2 Likes

The ship of fools at Qld Health’s Metro North hospitals are spending some $7 million on debt collectors in the hope of recovering some of the $19.2 million in outstanding debts.

Sounds like a classic case of throwing good money after bad.

I am surprised that they need the money after all the money they saved by shafting Maleny Dairies by giving their milk supply contract to a foreign multi-national who then put a lot of Qld workers out of their jobs a few weeks later.