Qatar Airways taking 1 year to refund vouchers

I got 2 vouchers in exchange for Qatar airways tickets booked in 2019 and cancelled in 2020 due the Covid pandemic and sub consequently Australia closing its border. In April 2022, I called them to ask for refund and was told they had expired since the beginning of the month… but they can give me a waiver which I asked for promptly and was promised to get my money back within 5 to 28 days.
From this end of April 2022 started the fight on the phone with their customer line (you cannot get customer care on the phone directly, ylou have to fill a form online and wait for…nothing as you get mostly a standard empty message or some apologies and asking to wait, wait, wait…).
Interestingly, after multiple calls and many hours on the phone in Australia, Qatar, I got half of the refund end of June 2022 arguing that they are overloaded with all the requests to process. If they were so busy why they did not process both vouchers at once (incompetent? do not care attitude but a lot of apologies).
Finally, after showing anger and rebranding then “QATHIEF AIRLIES” I got the second voucher refunded end of March 2023.
Do not ask for voucher again!
How many $Millions they have kept from clients like me?

1 Like