Qantas Changing/Cancelling Flights & class action

I agree, I have also reported them to ACCC as well as ACA, as they are refusing a refund for 5 months now. Each time I manage to get a hold of them (after being on hold for 3 hours, or a repky to an email I sent 4 months ago), they give a different excuse: oh, it’s not for economy flights, oh it’s not for flights booked with card, oh it’s not for cancellations done online, oh it’s only for destination or date changes etcetera . I keep sending them their own policy and ask them WHERE in the policy terms & conditions does it state these conditions, and they can never answer, so they hang up on me, or close my ticket. (Ironically I still get a customer satisfaction survey after :see_no_evil:).

I would love to join a class action against them as it’s purely illegal what they do, refusing to refund when their policy clearly states they will refund under these circumstances.

How do we group ourselves? Why isn’t the ACA or ACCC responding to all of us complaining about the same thing?

2 Likes

I agree, I have also reported them to ACCC as well as ACA, as they are refusing a refund for 5 months now. Each time I manage to get a hold of them (after being on hold for 3 hours, or a repky to an email I sent 4 months ago), they give a different excuse: oh, it’s not for economy flights, oh it’s not for flights booked with card, oh it’s not for cancellations done online, oh it’s only for destination or date changes etcetera . I keep sending them their own policy and ask them WHERE in the policy terms & conditions does it state these conditions, and they can never answer, so they hang up on me, or close my ticket. (Ironically I still get a customer satisfaction survey after :see_no_evil:).

I would love to join a class action against them as it’s purely illegal what they do, refusing to refund when their policy clearly states they will refund under these circumstances.

How do we group ourselves? Why isn’t the ACA or ACCC responding to all of us complaining about the same thing?

1 Like

If one has experienced a cancelled QF flight and especially one that may have been cancelled prior to ticket purchase, see this post and links therein.

1 Like