Pyrolitic Ovens

Hi @SM47, welcome to the community.

The manufacturer website should have the installation guide for models that they sell. Providing that the oven is installed in accordance with the installation guide, there shouldn’t be any problems.

If the oven is replacing an existing oven, checking that the oven cavity meets the manufacturer’s installation guide is critical for the safe operation of the oven.

5 Likes

Thanks for all the input to all contributors.
I looked the installation instructions and the old a new oven dimensions are the same.
Last thing to do is check my existing cupboard space but I think I am all good to go.

6 Likes

Hello SM47,
Please read my earlier posts about cabinet specifications as I have had an issue with my pyrolytic oven that the manufacturer put down to incorrect cupboard size. Kitchen Connection has agreed to fix the cupboard and install a new oven, so make sure your cavity is exactly the right size take pictures and measurements and keep a record of everything, just to protect yourself. Good Luck!

5 Likes

Thanks for that input. I have measured the cavity and it seems ok, I will ask the potential supplier to inspect and state it meets specifications.
I’ve had a non pyrolytic SMEG in use or 11 years without any damage to the cupboards

2 Likes

We had a non pyrolytic for our previous oven in our previous house, this does not compare to the heat produced by our pryolytic oven in it’s cleaning cycle. The space needed remodelling to meet the requirements of the new oven. Since then we have moved and have the same pryolytic type in our new house and the cabinet maker ensured we had adequate spacing and insulation to not only protect the cabinet woodwork but also the goods stored in them from heat damage. So yes, please get the dimensions checked before you install one as it is easier to remedy before the new one goes in than to find out later you have an issue. The saying an ounce or gram of prevention is better than a pound or kilogram of cure applies here.

2 Likes