Problems with Coles Financial Services new online site

Is anyone else having issues with the new Coles Financial Services website?
Once logged in it is proving next to useless for me. I can’t view and download statements and can’t view payments to my account. Every attempt over the past week has resulted in error messages such as ‘We are unable to process your request, please try again later‘.
Even trying to send them messages about this is problematic and requires several attempts and results in further error messages ‘We are having temporary delay (sic). Please try again later.’
Five eventually successfully sent messages have resulted in ever so slightly condescending replies which tell me I CAN see my statement (wrong!) and suggesting I view my statements online (doh! Why didn’t I think of that?!) and an information pack explaining how to navigate the website (navigation is not the problem, functionality is).
Is it just me that feels they’ve launched the new site without thorough testing? Would be grateful and perhaps reassured if anyone else has the same issues, so maybe our collective voice will spur them on to fixing the problems.

5 Likes

Maybe try phoning/contacting their customer service team to see if you are a one off or there are problems site wide. They might be able to help you navigate the site when you are on the phone to them.

There contact details are here

With banks, if you message/email, you are likely to get a generic/cut and paste type response. They can’t do this over the phone!.

4 Likes

I have problems with Westpac and Firefox. One routine operation always gets an incorrect error from them that they are having technical difficulties. The second time click always works. I have numerous other web sites that work, partly work, and sort of work with different browsers.

A normal reply is to clear your browser cache and cookies. Sometimes it actually works and sometimes not.

Suggest you try a different browser to see if yours might be part of the problem (browser, its cache or its cookies). The popular ones include chrome, firefox, opera, internet explorer and edge, and a few others that are relatively obscure.

I also have a media site I frequent and neither chrome nor firefox properly handles the automated login and just returns ‘unexpected error’ when I try to post something. Opera gets it right, while some web sites complain about opera being old and I need to upgrade to a new one. The internet is what it is.

I hope this might have helped.

4 Likes

Thank you! I haven’t had an actual conversation yet, mostly because I’m afraid it’s going to be one of those utterly useless scripted ones… I’m also not sure that they would fess up that there is an issue with the site, judging by the tone of the replies from the online customer ‘service’ centre. Besides, it’s not a navigational issue: the site is straightforward enough, the problem is that pushing the buttons just doesn’t achieve what they’re supposed to!
I guess I will have to try an actual conversation though at some point!

3 Likes

Frustrating isn’t it! I’m using Safari on an iPad, and would expect this to work in this era of everyone doing everything on mobile devices. I did try it using IE on a PC and this resulted in the same error messages…
Their failure to acknowledge any issue on their end is annoying me the most, and it just feels as though they haven’t tested it as a user before launch.

3 Likes

Frustrating when things like this don’t work as intended @Guitarfish. If you end up gwetting in touch with their customer service, can you let us know how it goes? Would be interesting to see if this is a widespread issue.

4 Likes

Just wondering if the Coles Financial Services App has the functionally you require and isn’t working on the Safari iPad?

2 Likes

Good idea! The link you used takes me to the site I have been trying to use, but you inspired me to try the app, and the train wreck that is the app has made me laugh out loud!
I installed the Coles Mobile Wallet app on both iPad and iPhone (iPhone 8, nice and current, and both running up to date iOS).
On the iPad the app login screen freezes after I enter my username, so I can’t enter a password. So much for that.
On the iPhone, the app won’t let me past the requirement to set a 4 digit access code. It doesn’t like my code, but there’s no way to undo/backspace/amend it; the message telling me my code is weak obscures the screen and can’t be moved!
The app is even more of a joke than the website.
My partner (the primary card holder) has also just now tried to log in on the website and gets the same result as me.
I’d love someone else to have a go and see what happens…

5 Likes

I’ve just tried calling the Credit Card customer service centre. Unfortunately there is only a self-service menu which does not provide any options for speaking to a real person; other menu items relate to activating a card or reporting a lost/stolen card. It’s an endless loop of menus.
I don’t therefore know if I’m the only idiot in the world who can’t use the new site and would still love to hear from any other members with Coles financial products ( their credit card) to see if their experience is the same as mine.
My conclusion is that the site is currently useless and I’ll try again in a month or so to see if the issues have been ironed out.
Thanks all for your help and suggestions!

4 Likes

Ok I think I found out how to get an operator. Ring the 1300 number then select *1 (star and the number 1) then wait for the call to go through to the new section, press # at least 4 times the system will tell you you have exceeded your number of attempts and if you wish to speak to an Coles Financial Services operator to press 0 (zero). I am guessing this is the point you will get to speak to a real person.

6 Likes

I had problems over the weekend they were transitioning but it’s much better now, though not perfect. I was on the website yesterday and downloading statements from previous years and that was all good. The transaction history filters are rubbish…I tried to filter a transaction search and it did nothing…just showed me all my transactions.
Are you using it on PC or mobile device? Maybe if on PC, try a different web browser? I’m using google Chrome.
The trickiest part I found was when you log in…On the welcome page, my credit card is listed and I have to click on that to get the full functionality of the web site…which isn’t obvious.

7 Likes

Thank you Suzique. I can get to the page where I can select a statement, and even open the list of 2018 statements. When I click the download button for the statement I want, I get the error message I wrote about earlier.
Regarding the browser, most of my attempts have been on Safari on my iPad, although I’ve also tried on IE on a PC with no luck, and I would expect such a common browser to be supported… I also installed the mobile app on my iPhone 8 and iPad, and it is a complete joke, can’t even get through the login screens!
I think I’m most annoyed about their refusal to acknowledge any problems on their end. Guess I’ll just have to wait for the paper statement to arrive (there is no way I’m going to rely on electronic statements in this instance!!)

6 Likes

Don’t forget…I think they charge for paper statements…$2 a time!
I’ve just logged in and gone to the download statements page. Have you allowed pop-ups? I get a pop-up page that I have to click “continue” on before the download goes ahead.
So I’ve just tried it again, and I’ve just successfully downloaded a statement from 2011.
I did get a similar error message as you, weeks ago…my understanding was it took a while to update everyone’s records. My surname starts with “A” …maybe mine were updated first : :slight_smile:

5 Likes

A great comment, that! More than a few web sites appear to not work when popups are disabled as they try to work but cannot, but well written sites will advise the user about pop-ups being required, front and centre.

5 Likes

Also advertisement blockers…these can also corrupt how some websites work and might be best to add CFS website to exclusion (white)list if you use one.

4 Likes

Did the phone “trick” work?

3 Likes

Yes, I know, but if I can’t access the statements online (which I can’t, no matter what I try at the moment), then I have no choice but to pay for the paper statements. Grrr…
Re the pop ups, this doesn’t seem to be the issue either, nor accepting cookies.
My surname starts with K, and my partner’s with S. Incidentally that’s another issue: on the old website he could authorise my ‘privileges’ so I could see the same as he could; on the new site this is not possible. So although I pay the bills, I can’t see or check all our transactions (it’s a joint card which we use for all household expenses).
It’s been a really good product for us up until now, and I’d like to keep it, but I really need confidence in the system…

5 Likes

Yes grahroll, thank you for the great tip! Got through to a real person who has sent me several emails with instructions and videos which I will have a look at later, and the online service centre has also sent me a very detailed list of things to check on my computer which may be preventing the website from loading (although not sure this will be of much use as I mostly use an iPad).
The real person did however admit that I am ‘not the first person to be experiencing problems’!!!
Thanks all for you help and suggestions, if I achieve any resolution in the next few days I’ll update the thread.

5 Likes

as for confidence in the system…there is a reason I’ve been downloading all my statements from previous years!!

I did notice, when I select the year for the statements, I would get the error message you mention, but the statements would be there anyway!
My understanding is that Citibank have taken them over…I have a savings account with Citibank and I’ve always found their websites the most annoying to use…not user friendly at all.

5 Likes

I was just checking as not having anything to do with CFS I wasn’t going to stay on the line to speak to a live person. Very happy that it worked for you,

I can understand your frustration as I had to listen to those fake human messages while trying to find a way through their maze. Why did they make it so hard or obtuse on the way to get to speak to someone real, if it had been more obvious I am sure they would have had more complaints about their site…so maybe it was/is a tactic they use to limit human interaction.

5 Likes