Price rises at OfficeWorks

Sunday two weeks ago I searched for a laptop at Office Works and found a reasonable price.

When we went to Office Works on Monday morning the laptop had gone up by $100. It appears that Office Works changes its prices daily. The staff said that on Sunday night I should have used click and collect which would have been at the Sunday night price. So I guess my advice is if you find a price for an item at Office Works and are happy with the price use click and collect to lock in the price.

3 Likes

Not specific to OfficeWorks but a company is probably free to price an item differently when purchased online as compared with purchased in a bricks and mortar store. Some products may only be even available when purchased online (from a given company).

It is also possible that the price that you saw online was a sale price with an end date that just happened to be the Sunday that you were looking.

PS For a laptop, it is also necessary to be sure that the two products really are the same i.e. exact same specification, configuration, options, manufacturer model number.

3 Likes

Many companies have catalogue sales that go from Monday-Sunday. Whatever cycle they use can be predictable.

For example Colesworths catalogues go from Wednesday-Tuesday. They also post next weeks catalogue on Mondays at 17:00 so one can see if it is worth waiting until Wednesday for some things, or worth going by Tuesday for others.

2 Likes

Exact same specs and had gine up by $100 online on Monday also. Was not on sale

1 Like

Gone

Officeworks changes prices often and I am told sometimes the same item is repriced twice in one day. Case in point: a few weeks ago one of my least favourite retailers Harvey Norman had a sale on USBs. $3 for 16GB and $5 for 32GB.

For some days Officeworks did not change the price of their USBs. O/W’s prices were higher and the sold a different brand. Then one day they lowered their prices to match Harvey Norman.

The day Harvey Norman ended its sale and returned the USBs to their previous prices, so did O/W.

1 Like

You know you can edit your own post after you have posted it?

1 Like