Pressure cleaner reviews

Our expert testers have reviewed pressure cleaners (member content) to help you find the best models that are easy to use, can be used on a number of surfaces and most importantly clean dirt and grime. We also have a pressure cleaner buying guide to help you choose the right machine for your needs.

Ask a question or share your pressure cleaner experiences below.

1 Like

I don’t know if this is a typo in the buying guide but the price range in dollars is missing. Please see the snip below:

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up @grahroll, I’ll pass it on to our content team.

2 Likes

I have 2 karcher domestic units that are different models. They have been very good cleaners and very reliable hard working units, that will happily run off the water tank etc but they both suffer from a pressure switch fault that develops over time usually well after the warranty expires. The fault occurs only sometimes after the unit cycles off due when the trigger is released and the rising pressure trips the overpressure switch, randomly they will refuse to restart when the trigger is again pulled as the pressure switch sometimes stays in the off position after the pressure is released, I have developed a couple of work arounds that means I can force the pressure switch back to the start position.
The fact that both machines do it suggest that a lot of karchers may develop a similar fault after a period of time.

4 Likes

Our pressure cleaners review has been updated (member content).

2 Likes

The displayed ordering seems sus as does the inclusion of the tested models, as well as getting perpetual buffering. Probably a server problem.

Regardless, I noticed my top rated unit from the last review is no longer included, although a lower end product from the same manufacturer is. I am aware Choice decides what to test based on what people are buying but it seems reasonable that products should be kept in test results as long as they remain on the market rather than dropped off. If results are from a previous test a pesky asterisk can denote that.

3 Likes

Thanks for the report, there may have been some server issues earlier today. We normally continue to include older models in our reviews, so I’m not sure why this model has been removed in this case but I’ll follow up and see if there is an explanation.

4 Likes

Our Karcher also developed an issue after moderate use but well outside warranty. It is not unloading when you release the trigger. This results in the motor stalling then auto restarting repeatedly.

It does a great job and is very efficient user of water. Especially important when we live off a single RW tank.

2 Likes

@PhilT, I spoke with the product tester and she let me know that for this particular test, the results are not comparable year on year. There’s a note in the buying guide that also mentions those previously recommended models, which are still a good option.

Theres a note here:

4 Likes

It might be helpful to also put a reference on the current results pages when that happens. Many of us look at the test results but not the buying guides.

4 Likes

Hi all - we’re looking at testing pressure cleaners again (just building a buylist presently). We’re interested in finding out what kind of tiles you have. I’ve setup a poll below for your answer. It’s the most common outdoor tile you have in your yard, so I’ve left it at one choice.

• Concrete
  • Porcelain
  • Ceramic
  • Travertine
  • Marble
  • Granite
  • Onyx
  • Quartzite
  • Mosaic
  • Sandstone
  • Terrazzo
  • Brick
  • Wood
  • Terra-cotta

0 voters

3 Likes

Go for it @MattSteen. Our Gurney is due for a refresh.

We use ours on:

• painted timber,
  • coarse and smooth finished concrete slabs,
  • zincalume sheeting,
  • and the tractor.

No tiles around here.
Noticed you can only select one option.

Guess the right answer is - no tiles, unless we gurney the bathroom?

It would be very useful if you could also include an assessment of the after sales service and support available for each product. If possible ask for a spare parts price list, availability and suppliers with each machine tested?

2 Likes

Ours has a similar finish to Pebble Mix on our concrete outside, so chose concrete as closest possible match.

1 Like

We have exposed aggregate, stencilled concrete, and wood, some painted, some Sikkens coated.

2 Likes

One type which is missing is clay pavers which are commonly used for pathways, driveways and around pools.

We use our high pressure cleaner on both pavers and concrete surface…as both are rough and porous and hard to clean other ways.

3 Likes

Please visit our new pressure cleaner review topic to continue the discussion.