Plush Furniture After Sales Service

A leather sofa ordered online from Plush in 2021 sofas was delivered in March 2022 but with significant defects in it’s appearance. Air pockets in the leather on the front and both ends of the sofa and an unsightly indentation in the front right arm. I emailed Plush with my complaints but they are very slow in responding. Can my email be considered as the same as a letter of complaint?

2 Likes

Not exactly. It would be a complaint but a formal ‘Letter of Complaint’ requires additional formality. It should be written as if you are a silk arguing a case in front of a magistrate. There is a lot of advice on the Community including members’ advice, Choice advice, and ACCC advice - as well as links to some tools to assist.

Letters of Complaint also need to be directed to the manager or most senior person that can be identified in a business, not the customer service/info address. Sometimes a complaint address is sufficient and it is useful to include something like ‘ATTN: [manager’s name] - Letter of Complaint’. Regardless be sure to get it receipted through an automated or human response. If your email client supports it set ‘Return Receipt’ that often results in a notice when it is read by the recipient.

After perusing those sources if you need further advice or guidance please post back.

4 Likes

Generally a telephone call or visiting them in person would be the better form of contact when first dealing with a warranty claim or defective product. Usually with writing, it can be difficult to communicate the exact problems…know if you have sent it to the right email address (one that is monitored)…and if it was the right address, often emails out of the blue may be sidelined until later rather than dealt with promptly.

Plush can be contacted by phone using the contact details here:

https://www.plush.com.au/contact-us

After your initial contact with them, document who you spoke to, what was said and what was the agreed next step/resolution. Such information is needed should the claim need escalation to a more formal form in the future.

Hopefully the first contact you make Plush will respond and resolve promptly. Most business do, it is the minority which don’t which are often heard about.

2 Likes

Thank you for that advice. As I am elderly and cannot get to a Plush store I am relying on the phone and internet. I have drafted a formal letter of complaint to Plush and will post it snails mail. Regards, Llieda.

3 Likes

You don’t need to send snail mail. You can email if you are able to do that. At least with email you have a copy of the correspondence you can use later if the matter needs to be escalated. If you can not do emails, is there someone you could ask to do it on your behalf?

To strengthen your letter of complaint add photos that show the defects. The photos can be done with most smartphones, and printed off or attached to your email.

4 Likes

Thank you. I have sent several photos from my mobile to the Customer Care team,(what an oxymoron) over the past month and I will endeavor to send the email to head office with photos attached too. My neighbour collected and posted my letter just now, so I’m firing with both barrels. Regards, Llieda

3 Likes

An update on the defective sofa. After a Letter of Complaint was sent to Plush head office, and many emails later, they have agreed to send another technician to inspect the defects/faults in the sofa on 3rd May 2022.

4 Likes

Please give us an update after your visit from plush on 03 May.

1 Like

Hello. I am really pleased to tell you that the second independent inspector agreed with my assessment of the shonky sofa in his report to Plush and a few days later they emailed me to say they would give me a full refund.( But they didn’t acknowledge their defective product and false advertising.) Cheers. Llieda

3 Likes

To date no word from them about when the sofa will be collected or when I can expect my refund. No reply to 2 emails either.

3 Likes

Hi @lliedaw, thank you for the update.

Keep us updated to how quickly Plush honour their offer for a refund and collection of the faulty sofa.

We hope it happens quickly for you and the matter is fully resolved.

2 Likes

I really think that Plush/Nick Scali furniture warrants an investigation. So many unhappy customers have posted on Product Review with problems similar to mine. Terrible company, and no, I am still waiting for the refund and collection of the faulty sofa. Several emails and phone calls have gone unanswered. Thank you for you interest, and I suggest you read the reviews on Product Review.Cheers, Llieda.

2 Likes

Wow-those reviews are heartbreaking. Plush/Nick Scali sound like the ‘Mosaic’ of furniture…

2 Likes

Yes, but some people don’t understand their consumer rights. Sad. Now where can we purchase a decent Australian manufactured sofa that doesn’t break the bank? My search continues. Have a good day. Llieda Wild.

Also, I reckon all those positive reviews for Plush were written by Plush staff :wink: Those poor customers who have placed orders, no matter how friendly and helpful the staff are, will be waiting an eternity or longer for their furniture from China, and then the disappointment! cheers.

Several phone calls to Plush over the last two weeks and no collection of defective sofa and no refund as yet. Plush requested my bank details three weeks ago. How long does it take? How this company is still trading is unbelievable.

1 Like

Avoid Nick Scali and Plush Think Sofas like the plague! They are one and the same company and although they claim that their furniture is designed and manufactured for you, it is mass produced and cobbled together in China and is crappy. I am still waiting for my refund of a defective sofa, dimensions out, indentation in the sofa arm that was very obvious, over stuffed cushions on one side and under stuffed on the other. After months of haggles and two inspections Plush finally agreed to a refund. This was back in May, but still haven’t received my money. They don’t reply to my many emails or phone calls. Dreadful Company, both.

1 Like

Me neither. Dreadful company and non existent customer service. No reply to my six emails regarding a refund for a defective and awful sofa. If you phone them you will be put on hold for ever.

1 Like

Following Choice advise, I sent a ‘Letter of Complaint’ to Plush Think Sofas but no acknowledgement, only a generic automated message requesting information. I had been contacting their customer service for months regarding a defective sofa. Dreadful company and avoid like the plague.

1 Like

Nick Scali purchased Plush

1 Like