Play-Doh Fake Food

Surprized to see just how many “toy” items are available for the manufacture of fake food products from the Play-Doh ™ company that seemingly are just waiting for kids to consume the “we really didn’t think they’d eat it” result. A few seconds on your favourite internet search engine will result in numerous lifelike images of “Play-Doh ™ foods”.

4 Likes

Welcome @Lucky_Phil. Pretty good point, so I had a look on the Hasbro site. Here’s what they say:

The exact ingredients of Play-Doh compound are proprietary, so we cannot share them with you. We can tell you that it is primarily a mixture of water, salt and flour. It does NOT contain peanuts, peanut oil, or any milk byproducts. It DOES contain wheat. Play-Doh compound is not a food item and is not intended to be eaten.

Play-Doh compound is non-toxic, non-irritating & non-allergenic except as noted: Children who are allergic to wheat gluten may have an allergic reaction to this product. Also, due to the high salt content in Play-Doh compound, the product can be harmful to pets if ingested.

There is no MSDS sheet required for Play-Doh compound.

I suppose the taste of the salt would provide a natural deterrent to the temptation to actually eat too much of it, but I’m not sure, kids might go for it anyway depending on the age/circumstance. If anyone has any anecdotes of problems with this, please share them.

4 Likes