Pies : Meat pies , frozen , fresh , which brand do you buy?

After being seriously disappointed in Herbert Adams pies in recent months… (meat? what meat??) I’ve been considering a KMart pie maker which a friend tells me can be used to make pies, but also many other things.

1 Like

Apologies for inserting a 1980’s American fast food commercial but it seems relevant to the topic. These commercials made Clara Peller (the lady on the right) a national celebrity. There are many of them on youtube.

@SueW the following article is about the the “individual pies” pie maker from KMart. CHOICE tested it and found it be a good buy:

3 Likes

The K MArt pie maker is good. You can do all sorts of things in it easily as well as any kind of pie including leftover anything.
Garlos pies fresh from Coles and Woolies are yummy though. The lean beef one is comparatively low cal too.

4 Likes

Herbert Adams - the baby beef pies

1 Like

Looking at the mostly empty National pies display in Woolies yesterday I noticed a new Woolies labelled pie range packaged to look ‘artisan’ and dear at $14 for 2 pies. They looked like pies from the ‘olden days’ and who could give a miss to "Angus beef with vintage cheddar and craft ale’ on an all butter shortbread crust?

Only 2 health stars but for me, 5/5 stars for the quality and taste. Pretty Fine and lives up to the labelling! Not a thing I could whinge about, excepting maybe the price :wink:

Postscript: Mine was perfect, the partner’s not quite so much but still rated pretty good.

5 Likes