Pet love (General chat)

An article from Choice regarding unsafe pet food.

I’m starting to fret over Toby’s food. I put him onto Vetalogica which is Australian and supposed to be biologically correct for kitties, but since switching to it completely (alongside his normal wet food which hasnt changed) he’s had increasing levels of diarrhoea. I’m taking him to the vet tomorrow to see what they think… And I’ve taken him off Vetalogica for now. Its a worry. He was a fat cat and now he’s trim taut and terrific and has hardly any energy. He still goes outside and still wants his treats and food, but he has the shits something shocking :(. Hope the vet can come up with something useful, quickly.

1 Like

Definitely worth chatting to the vet to rule out any non-food issues yeah. Was it a formula with kangaroo? I find the kangaroo doesn’t always agree with all animals.

1 Like

Thanks Peter, as Murphy rides my back, naturally he is recovering today. No excessive poo. I changed his diet yesterday, took him off the vetalogica… so I am stalling for 24 hours and see how he goes

1 Like

The dog groomer from hell.

https://honey.nine.com.au/latest/dog-owners-shock-when-he-picks-pet-up-from-groomers-unwanted-makeover/c6787fb5-c7ed-4e6c-80ce-c7e1dbdb9859

I do loathe the state of modern journalism where the writers have sourced numerous twitter comments but not gotten a comment from Petsmart. If anything because I’m interested in hearing how they justify going with that look :joy:

1 Like

After another hard day for our little dog

3 Likes

A couple of articles regarding the high suicide rate amongst veterinarians.

Not a very rewarding career for those who have to graduate at the very top of their classes to qualify to study to be a vet.

1 Like

An article warning regarding dogs eating mushrooms.

2 Likes

Just thought I would throw in a pic of Toby doing his guard cat thing. He recovered from the big D without vet intervention, and he’s back on Science Diet Vet Essentials for the moment, its expensive and he loves it. Oh well. Here he is on guard against his frenemy from down the street. He also wants to know everything thats going on in the street. I told him about curiosity bt he doesn’t care.

5 Likes

What is that?

Diarrhoea!

1 Like

Our little dog’s litte black brother has finally got home from the vetinary hospital today after becoming ill last Friday and being admitted on Saturday.

The grandkids were distraught when vets did not think he was going to pull through and they suspected it was Addision’s Disease but the test came back negative.

They now think it must have been AHDS.

https://veterinarypartner.vin.com/default.aspx?pid=19239&catId=102899&id=4952857

A super expensive Easter holidays but he has survived and the grandkids are happy.

3 Likes

An interesting article regarding animal “myths”.

I had not heard about dogs choosing North/South but after reflecting on where our little dog defecated, it definitely seems to be correct.

As far as the black cocatoos go, I can definitely vouch for that as I have posted previously.

1 Like

A very funny video clip of a dog seeing Darth Vader for the first time.

https://honey.nine.com.au/latest/dogs-hilarious-reaction-to-darth-vader-on-screen/7c7b92b4-cc8d-45a3-96d3-ce111e23e5f8

2 Likes

An article regarding an alleged rhino poacher being trampled by a herd of elephants.

As someone once said, “Ain’t Karma A Bitch”.

1 Like

An article warning about essential oils possibly harming pets.

1 Like

Another article regarding the depressing lot of some vets.

Very sad.

1 Like

A sign outside our little dog’s grooming parlour today.

1 Like

I’d like to know which Gym our big boy works out at?

One of the girls at the front, doing it tough as always.

2 Likes