Penske Commercial Vehicles Pty Ltd - Western Star Trucks - Fitted With An Eaton Automated Manual Transmission Clutch Assembly MY2017-2018 Recall

A recall notice for Western Star Trucks - fitted with an Eaton Automated Manual Transmission Clutch Assembly MY2017-2018 supplied by Penske Commercial Vehicles Pty Ltd as the clutch may fail.

Penske Commercial Vehicles Pty Ltd - Western Star Trucks - fitted with an Eaton Automated Manual Transmission Clutch Assembly MY2017-2018

PRA No.

2019/17830

Date published

10 Oct 2019

Campaign number

FL803

Product description

Western Star Trucks equipped with an Eaton Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) Clutch Assembly
Model Years 2017-2018

Manufactured between 10 April 2017 and 2 July 2018

78 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (10.02 KB)

What are the defects?

The internal clutch component may be outside specifications and fail, which may prevent clutch disengagement.

What are the hazards?

If the internal clutch component fails and there is enough drive line torque in the transmission, the parking brake may be overcome while the vehicle is idling in neutral, causing the vehicle to move unintentionally and increasing the risk of an accident or injury.

What should consumers do?

Affected owners should contact their authorised Western Star Truck dealer for repair at no charge.

For further information, owners can contact Western Star Trucks on 07 3271 777 or find their local authorised dealer at https://westernstar.com.au/dealers/

Supplier

Penske Commercial Vehicles Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Western Star Truck dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 10 April 2017 - 2 July 2018

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development is the responsible regulator for this recall.

2 Likes