Pay Television

Foxtel will not allow you to down grade or cancel without ringing them.
Myself and others I know cannot get through to down grade or cancel.

In times like this we most of us strive to get out monthly costs down and not taking the calls is effectively stealing from their own clients.

5 Likes

Welcome to the .community @Highland

Foxtel is a company started by Fox and Telstra. It seemed to inherit the worst ‘customer care’ from each according to many posts over the years.

From the Foxtel website: If you’re ready to cancel your account, or want to discuss other options like suspending your account, call us on 131 999.

A cynical opportunity to strong-arm, sell, or employ stand-over tactics to keep all the revenue possible from the customer. I’ll not comment further other than to suggest they might get an honourable mention if not a full Shonky for that tactic.

2 Likes

There are also other ways to make contact with them such as texting…

If you text them, at least you will then have a record of when you requested cancellation/change of service and you could argue that you should not be paying for the service post this date (providing that you are honest and don’t continue to use them).

4 Likes

FWIW if one follows along on that page, one eventually gets to the lines about ringing them, so it is not completely obvious a text will work, but under the circumstances worth a go. In the text @Highland should ask for a confirmation his request was received and actioned. I suspect crickets to both?

3 Likes

I have had Foxtel for many years through Telstra and now direct from Foxtel.I have always made a phone call to them when i want something changed and generally i would have no issue.But i did find last week due to the Virus they had very little staff available to take you call.And were told what alternatives we could take.On one call i made was told the wait would be 1 to 2 hours.I suggest when everything settles down call them and you won’t go wrong

If you really need the money and you’re paying by direct debit, call the bank and get them to block it. This may generate its own problems but at least it will stop the payments.