October Food Champions Challenge :What milk do you buy?

I purchased A2 Milk yesterday with a useably date of 11 Jan.and confident it will be still ok by then, however I have also purchased A2 marked down with a near expired useably date, and found it to be still good.

1 Like

Thanks for those links - though I was surprised to see 3 negative points for Norco on the first link - regarding an instance of animal cruelty, unfair milk supply agreements and no tax paid in 2016/17! but they have a star?

1 Like

I was buying Macadamia milk. We live in an area surrounded by macadamia tree. But the macadamias were being sent to America to be made into milk and then being sent back to Australia. I did try some different brands but they were not very nice but the nice ones went up in price and are very difficult to get. I now drink Almond milk (So Good Almond unsweetened), it is half the price and the b=nicest one I have tasted so far. A couple of other Almond milks split when making a cup of tea and taste terrible.

1 Like

Were they Australian macadamias?

Most of the world’s production is in South Africa and Hawaii, and it is likely macadamia milk from the USA is made from macadamias from these areas.

1 Like

I was told by the wholesalers the the macadamias were being sent from Australia. But who knows

2 Likes

If the packaging says made in Australia from Australian macadamias, then they will be Aussie nuts.

If the milk is made in the US from imported macadamias, it is possible the nuts are from other sources.

I see the brands sold in Woollies and Coles macadamia milks are 98/99% Australian content (inc. nuts) and made in Australia.

I wonder if they send the macadamias to the US to make into paste (ground) before sending it gack to make milk. Possible, but not sure if plausible as paste is very easy to make and can’t see why nuts would need to be sent to the US to process.

1 Like