NRMA car insurance claim service

Recently I needed some work done to my new car (I must remember NOT to turn the wheel when not fully out of carport) I went online to put in a claim but couldn’t quite get the website to do what I wanted so I rang them & the gentleman on there took over & completed everything for me & I didn’t have to lift a single finger to get it all sorted. 3 days later car was returned to me all repaired & paperwork completed. I love this type of service.

7 Likes

I have had similar experiences with NRMA over the last year. Getting rear ended in a car park and storm damage. Both times the operator was very polite and incredibly helpful. Further, I did not loose any no-claim bonus because I have been such a loyal customer. Sometimes it is worth paying a bit more for such good service.

2 Likes

Had last year two very positive experiences with claims. Once for my car damaged in an accident (not my fault) where I received the value (much higher than I expected) within days and the second time for my ‘new’ car where the wind screen got damaged and had to be replaced (was worth to have the glass insurance) which cost me not one cent. Very friendly and helpful staff at NRMA!

2 Likes

I’ve also had a great experience with them. Had a car hit in a carpark - not a nice surprise to come back to! The claims process was so simple and smooth. What a refreshing change! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks like the claims service at NRMA has had a turn for the worse.

Only 3 months to even get an assessment. Loan car?

A similiar story eventuated for the Brisbane Nov 2014 hail storm. Many insurers were overwhelmed with claims and it took some months for insurers to process the claims, including towing undrivable/unroadworthy vehicles to claim centres/repairers. It took many more months for repairs to be completed.

The repairers were also swamped trying to fit in hail damage cars to be repaired in their normal repair workloads (from crashes). It eventually took about 18 months for all repairs to be completed.

1 Like

Is this one instance where a replacement hire car option on the insurance pays, or are they time limited?

1 Like

Most I have seen are time limited…14 days or so.

1 Like

Ouch! Worse if it’s needed for the daily commute.