No Help?

After 7 years (?) a good observation.

+1 @Gregr

@BrendanMays, the welcome tutorial would be a quick way to fill that in for ongoing additions.

7 Likes

The ‘help’ to assist new users is available on the front page as a pinned topic:

Once the tutorial is viewed, it becomes unpinned and disappears from the thread listing. Unpinning makes sense otherwise any pinned posts created would continue to ‘clog’ up the top of the thread listings.

3 Likes

The comment was the forum lacks a button called ‘Help’. Sites generally have one along the top or bottom, or in the Community layout the hamburger menu with ‘latest, unread, users, …, etc’. Help content might also be more extensive than linking to Welcome, eg to detailed discourse user tutorials?

3 Likes

I’m also accustomed to finding a help button on various sites and in particular in most software applications. Noted the Community web page includes direct links to the FAQs and Terms of service in the page footer. Only evident when one has scrolled the last few millimetres on my iPad. Second best option if the header or hamburger can’t be repurposed.

4 Likes

I thought that the community elders or if neccessary the Choice staff would chip in if someone needs help?

We respond with a ‘different kind of help’.

A ‘help’ button should include technical things about using the forum such as how to reference others, eg @dieterfb not dieterb, edit, inserting images, quoting others, using the editing window, private messages, etc.

Of course not everyone adheres or remembers, but sites generally have such a ‘help’ button.

4 Likes

Thanks @PhilT . Yep, it makes sense to me now. Choice please add a Help button in the ‘Hamburger Menu’.

4 Likes