Nissan Motor Co (Australia) Pty Ltd - Nissan ZE1 Leaf MY2020 Recall

A recall notice for Nissan ZE1 Leaf MY2020 supplied by Nissan Motor Co (Australia) Pty Ltd as the welded joint on the actuator plate may fail during use.

Nissan Motor Co (Australia) Pty Ltd - Nissan ZE1 Leaf MY2020

PRA No.

2020/18655

Date published

5 Jan 2021

Campaign number

PG0C9

Product description

Nissan ZE1 Leaf
Model Year 2020

181 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (11.49 KB)

What are the defects?

The welded joint on the actuator plate may fail during use.

What are the hazards?

If the actuator plate fails, the park lock may not engage when the user shifts into a Park position. This could result in unintended vehicle movement, which may increase the risk of an accident or injury to vehicle occupants, other road users and bystanders.

What should consumers do?

Consumers will be contacted by Nissan Australia to arrange the replacement of the actuator plate at no cost to consumers (parts and labour).

Until the recall is commenced, consumers of affected vehicles are advised (in accordance with the Owner’s Manual) to ensure the park brake is applied when parking and/or exiting the vehicle.

Consumers can find their nearest dealership at https://www.nissan.com.au/find-a-dealer

For further information, please contact the Nissan Customer Service Centre toll free on 1800 035 035 (Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 6pm AEDT).

Supplier

Nissan Motor Co (Australia) Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Nissan Australia Dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 24 October 2019 - 30 October 2020

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.