Nicabate gum

1 Like

I couldn’t find email address to complain how hard to was to open packing. But found messenger for Nicabate. They wanted barcode and photos. I gave them the same photo’s as posted here, back in April 2022. After a month of no reply, I messaged enquiring what was happening? Their response was, waiting on quality control. It’s now another month has gone by. What a shocking way to treat a customer. Do not buy these. They could actually be dangerous, if you tried to open one whilst driving.

1 Like

Nicotine is a dangerous substance. Would you want these chewing gum products to be easily opened by kids?
And if you have to take the time to consider the intracacies of getting one piece out it may disuade you from just popping them like lollies as you would with normal chewing gum or tictacs.

3 Likes

Don’t buy them anyway. In many cases they are stronger than the cigarettes you’re trying to quit. The patches are better for some. I’ve tried both (neither caused me to quit) but I found that I was not able to slow my chewing of the gum to release the nicotine slowly, and I became allergic to the adhesive (or perhaps the nicotine itself) in the patches. I have a friend who became addicted to them, her normal cigarette habit was only about 5 a day… she swapped the witch for the bitch.

1 Like

If I knew how hard it was to open I wouldn’t have brought them. I get the low dose.
And yes I have switched one addiction for another.
But I don’t stink like an ashtray. I don’t need to sneak outside anymore. I can plan activities without having to think, how am I going to have a smoke? I’m not damaging my body anymore.
Gum is a lot cheaper than cigarettes.
My issue is way I’ve been treated by customer service.

3 Likes

Have you tried different brands.

The Nicorette brand gum packs look different…

In addition to patches mentioned above, there also nicotine mist sprays which may also be an alternative as well.

Any nicotine product will be securely sealed (nicotine is a toxic compound as outlined above and one of its forms once was widely used as a pesticide due to it’s properties) to prevent children consuming the product. While this is the case, you may find alternatives easier to open.

3 Likes

I did understand the reasoning behind the resistant packaging. It’s a medication so should be kept away from children. I have told my grandchildren they are my medicine so they can’t have one.
Thanks for your reply.

3 Likes

I have switched. Thanks for the photo.

3 Likes