New Category for Shonky Awards

For the MOST HARASSING COMMERCIAL of the YEAR.
Been with FOXTEL for over 25 years and the number of commercials are getting worse. Many make no sense. Many of the NEW Season programs suck. Anyway, While watching WWE for nearly 2 1/2 hours , one commercial repeated itself within 30 seconds, 50 times. On the average 1 hour serial, you get 30 minutes of commercials and 30 minutes content, if you’re lucky.
Now that is sheer harassment. Are we dumb or what???

3 Likes

And that is why we have never had Foxtel or any other paid subscription TV. Stick with Aunty and SBS. Sure there are ads but not that many as to cause major disruption of viewing a program.

2 Likes

They show commercials on pay TV now? Talk about double dipping. Revenue from both the subscribers AND the sponsors. Bit of a rip off for the consumer.

3 Likes

What an absolute shocker! Thanks for sharing this @bigmitch8

1 Like

One reason I’ll never subscribe to pay TV- having adverts is annoying enough on the little bit of commercial free to air TV I see, but paying money to watch them is just insane!

2 Likes

Hi @Bigmitch8, the way I get around that is to record all the shows I want to watch. Not only for Foxtel but for the free to air stations as well. If is a series you can then series link it and forget about recording it again. You can do this from the Foxtel menu or use a smartphone or tablet app & set up your recordings remotely. The apps are good because you can search for the show or genre that you want & they will pop up if there are on within (I think) two weeks. Anyway you know when you get to the end because you’ll get a message “no more schedule information”. Then sit back, watch the show you want to watch at any time and when the advertisements come on fast forward them at 30x.

Greetings…Albie, I also belong to the FOXTEL COMMUNITY and air my complaints with their staff (which is PRO-FOXTEL) and they’ve specified these commercials pay cost due to the shortage
of our population. Of course they’ve heard of fees from sponsors.
I started with cable being quicker than dial-up years ago and commercials were minimal. Now,
you have less commercials on FREE TV than FOXTEL. I have the basic box (no IQ) and my own PVR. The REMOTE was invented due to commercials. I record my own shows but it still becomes a hassle trying to cut out the damn commercials.The one mentioned in the beginning was FINDE…[.com.au which repeats itself forever]. I blame FOXTEL for constipating our entertainment industry and charging me (and the manufacturing industry) to pay for harassing me. Lets start a petition to outlaw pay tv commercials. Let’s VOTE for SHONKY AWARDS.

1 Like