Narrower format front loader dryers and washing machines -recommendations

Most front loader dryers and washing machines are 600mm wide. I want to place a front loader dryer and washing machine side by side ( total 1200mm) but my space is only 1120mm. Can anyone recommend a narrow format dryer (preferable) or washing machine?

1 Like

If you are a Choice member you can go through the reviews of both but I think you are going to find nearly all are 60cm, with a few slightly smaller at 56 or 58.

You could get a combination washer/drier or mount one above the other on the wall.

2 Likes

Thanks for your prompt response. The preference is side by side stacking would block a window.

2 Likes

Using some online retailer filters looking only at widths it appears washers or dryers narrower than 60cm (The Standard) on offer are small capacity wall mountable products. I also tried one wide and one narrower to fit in your 1120mm space but it did not circumvent the small capacity wall mounted problem, if that is a problem for you.

Did you have target products identified that a member might be able to comment on?

2 Likes

An alternative you might also consider is a combination washer drier. We’ve used one in rented accommodation while away. Space saving, at a cost and a compromise for some needs. Combined with a drying rack I could make one a liveable solution for a smaller family, assuming out door line drying was not an option. The combined cycle times are very long. The Choice product reviews include further comment and guidance.

4 Likes