Mobility/electric scooters

Yes, and many more. There are some brilliant scooters about, now, nearly as good as a car were it not for speed restrictions. The Drive King Cobra is my current favourite but at close to $7k well beyond my means. However, to go distance and get onto buses and trains, I was hoping to be able to get something thats both portable and lightweight and which can take my own great weight. The current set of portable mobility scooters are too heavy for me to lift onto a bus, but a stand/sit scooter would be fine. I’d be looking for something to get me from home to the bus stop (500m doesnt seem like much, but when you cant really walk more than 50…) and then the short hops from a to b at other times. As I become less and less able, I’m going to be stuck in my local area, but until then, I want to find suitable alternatives, sadly they do not seem to exist.

[Edit] I was just thinking, I would also need it to be 3-4 wheels for stability and then we are getting into too big territory. Guess I’ll just keep driving until I need the proper scooter. I may get a portable to put in the car for those times I can’t get parking close to where I need to be, but so far, with the disability parking card, it hasnt been a huge issue.

3 Likes