Miele After Sales Service

Hi @ianf123, welcome to the community. You aren’t the only consumer who has found Miele’s customer service lacking. It is disappointing that a brand which portrays its products as being of high quality, they struggle to get post sales support right.

It might be worth exploring this onseller:

as an alternative.

4 Likes

Miele sucks in terms of their quality. We bought dishwasher that stopped opening the door automatically for the drying cycle in less than 3 years. I have had cheaper brand working with no issues for 10 years. So much for paying 2x-3x more for crappy product and design.

Welcome to the Community @Abe

Did Miele step up to fix it? Products break but it is as much how a company responds that can be as or more important. Many of us think ‘warranty over, call a local’ and pay for a repair or buy another yet when there is a problem calling the manufacturer or importer might (not always will) result in the company stepping up.

In other cases where the Consumer Law may apply the retailer ‘owns’ the problem. Miele operates under an agency system so the retailer is an order taker rather than the seller. My own experience is

1 Like

Miele customer service is equally bad. They said that they will call in 2-3 business days to give me a date when the service person can come to repair. And by the way I have to pay for it but customer service couldn’t give me an estimate.
Stay away from Miele

1 Like

Per my post as linked I started from there with the dryer.

If not obvious I was not impressed with Miele either but had to give them credit in the end case for addressing the dryer (that has what most consider a design fault they refused to recall). There is a facebook page dedicated to it! Possibly the worst product Miele ever sold… on balance it is still going but every 2-3 years I have to ‘clean up the problem’ per the tech’s advice.

Living in a rural area before buy appliances phone up the local repair agent and ask what to buy in make and model. No good buying something you cannot get spares and repairs for locally. He has always warned me to stay away from Miele, AEG, Bosch etc; due to price and availability of parts and service. He says don’t call me for a repair on one of those brands as they are not worth the pain for him getting the parts and information needed, or the pain for the customer.
Cannot see any sense in paying $3k for a Miele dishwasher when I could buy four Haiers for the same price.

1 Like

We’ve got a Miele dishwasher which is now over 20 years old and still going well although it is only used about once a week. At one stage I would have considered another one but in view of all the comments regarding Miele’s after sales service its’ replacement won’t be Miele.

All the threads here about the problems with brands or products suffer from the same problem of other online reviews, the possibility of sample selection bias, that is bad things will get reported more than good even by honest reviewers. The Choice reliability survey is probably a more accurate reflection of opinion but still imperfect.

2 Likes

Hello all.
I’ve just read all the posts about Miele after sales service with increasing dread … I have 4 new Miele appliances.
I need advice about what to do next with my broken-down washing machine.
It’s less than 2 months old and I’m going through the same Miele runaround: 3.5 weeks to get a Miele technician visit or 2 weeks to get a local Miele technician/agent to come to diagnose, 7-10 days (possibly) to get the part, then once it’s arrived another 2 weeks for the busy technician/agent to come to install the part.
I’m up to the part-ordering stage now. It’s a motherboard — which i think is a major fail on a new product.
Am I within my rights to ask for a replacement?
Do you have somewhere on your site that offers the best wordings when pursuing consumer claims? Both for product and for service?
Thanks.

3 Likes

Hi @Johnnie

Sorry to hear of your issue. CHOICE does provide email/letter templates to use for your ACL issues, plus other helpful links (to head to the letter templates see the Consumer Complaints Checklist link)

The ACCC also provides a Complaint Letter tool

As @PhilT remarks many times, when dealing with the business, do so like you are a lawyer. If you are unsure of what to include, there are free consumer law advice centres throughout Australia and in your State or Territory there will be one that can help you deal with the issues or point you to resources to assist you. We have a small list on this site that may help point you to a centre in your State/territory.

3 Likes

Many thanks.

3 Likes

On topic for Miele, but an aside relevant to when does get service one should have to pay for a call-out, or parts.

A recent promotion also included a 10 year warranty on selected products.

It’s interesting to read the feedback from previous posts. One might need to join the queue when one needs service. Does 20 year equivalent life cycle testing and a 10 year warranty offer suggest it will be a short queue if the need ever arises?

P.S.
We’ve just ordered a Miele front loader based on the recent Choice reviews and a heat pump drier to replace our aged Simpson top loader which has developed a repeated mechanical clunk. We’ve confirmed also our post code although rural falls within their service area. A few kms further from the coast and there is none.

Maybe it’s 10 years because If a problem occurs after 2 you spend the next 8 in the queue. I sincerely hope your experience differs :+1:

1 Like

This reply probably deviates from the 2nd hand topic, but i had a Brand new Miele installed by the builder (not by choice) in the house i moved into at a lifestyle village. I hate it…(have tried many different brands of tablets and powder) it doesnt clean anywhere near as good as my previous good old Westinghouse that ran for 15 years and i believe still goes strong. Its not 2 yrs old yet and if i could afford it i would replace it. Am finally going to email Miele and see what the problem is

Hi @Geejay73. You may find this topic more useful as it’s Miele specific.

You might like to share exactly what aspects of the performance you are not happy with. The preceding posts may also assist with how best to approach Miele, re user advice and warranty.

Miele hopefully will assist you to ensure the product is operating correctly or not.

P.S.
We’re in our second home with a Miele DW. This one is 8 years young. We’ve not had any problems with performance. We don’t hand rinse before loading. We also run only once a day using Earth Choice brand tablets on a “Sensor” wash cycle. We’ve only once had to deal with Miele support with a home delivery and install. One needs to be patient. It can take time to get thru. The service reps we spoke to were helpful, although everything takes time. Miele time!