Miele After Sales Service

We were the unfortunate victims of the infamous Miele T8823C dryer. Without going into the fault that should have, but did not, result in a recall:

• a call to Miele at the 6 year mark resulted in an agent quoting the callout fee+any parts required. I passed since it was expensive and they would not guarantee they could fix it, and I was still able to ‘live with’ the fault.
  • another 2 years pass and the fault got more common and I was ready to bite the bullet and send it to the tip. I finally take the opportunity to write a bad post on productreview.
  • within days Miele contacts me, arranges a service tech at no cost (it did require 2~3 weeks to schedule at a convenient time). I had a case manager not a phone agent. It matters. There was even follow-up after the service call.
  • the tech was brilliant. He explained why the fault happens and showed me how to rectify it should (when) it starts happening again, and some undocumented ‘good care and operational’ instructions that defies why they are not included in the manuals. Nothing needed but knowing what the real problem is (not a misleading fault light), a screwdriver, some assorted bottle brushes, and 20 minutes time. I’ll probably need to have a go doing it solo in 2023.

I had to edit my review to acknowledge they took care of it and give credit where due; post service the dryer worked virtually as new and continues to do so > a year later.

8 Likes