Miele After Sales Service

Welcome to the Community @Dissatisfied,

I moved your topic into this existing one that starts with a similar experience, although your seems worse.

It is unfortunately the case that sometimes the most reliable brands have poor service because they do not get ‘exercised’ to respond to real problems often enough to keep them ‘sharp’.

If this was the first ruptured water tank the tech had seen it would not be surprising there was no spare in Australia since it would be unexpected. and the costs of inventory for a possibly never used part affect P/L so they make their stocking decisions accordingly.

As for waiting time on the phone and responsiveness? ‘Your call is important to us but we are having higher than normal volumes’ seems a message that comes standard in their systems. Proper resourcing (staff and systems alike) seems less common than it was a few years ago with customers bearing the brunt.

A few years ago I had a reputedly rare failure in my Siemens dishwasher and rang what I thought was a Siemens agent. He was not and it cost me dollars in the end; he needed to get the part from Bosch (Siemens) - he had an account on a web page to confirm and order the part. No phone calls were required and the comparatively rare part was in Melbourne so it got fixed timely.

There are anecdotal reports many manufacturers have long delays in sending a ‘factory’ tech for warranty or post warranty service. A cynic might think understaffing their warranty repair might be on purpose so their customers would go elsewhere and pay for parts even in warranty? It also could be the case they have ‘blips’ when they get overloaded and you are caught up in one.

For a $1,000 repair you may do well if your finances permit to cut your loses and go shopping. Start with the Choice review (member content). If you display the comparison table there is a section on reliability that scores brand (not specific product) reliability and customer satisfaction.

Many of us on the Community have Bosch dishwashers and are very pleased with them. Yet not everyone has a good experience with them either.

Some other Choice articles that could be helpful include

A caveat regarding satisfaction and after sales service is that there are always outliers who do not have good experiences with even the best of them, but using more recent statistics helps make evidence based decisions.

2 Likes