Microsoft removing eBooks from the Store

Microsoft is going to remove all eBooks purchased through their store by the end of July 2019. If you have purchased any you will be refunded the money you paid for the item, and if you made any notes in the book you will be paid a further US$25 in compensation. If your payment details are out of date eg no longer using the CC you have listed you will instead of a refund receive a credit for the Microsoft Store. To read about the changes see the link to the support FAQ below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4497396/books-in-microsoft-store-faq

4 Likes

So if I have made any literary purchases from Microsoft, I have from now to the end of the month to make notes in them all and then request compensation?

Darn - I just read the FAQs:

If you have made mark-ups or annotations in any of your acquired books prior to April 2, 2019, you’ll receive an additional $25 credit to your Microsoft account at the same time refunds are processed.

I don’t recall buying any books from Microsoft, but had best check just to be sure. (It’s hard to keep track of some of this digital content, especially when you can often get it for free or close enough!)

Hmm - just checked. The response I received was:

MS%20books

Useful, but…

3 Likes