Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz GLE 300 d 4MATIC MY2019 Recall

A recall notice for Mercedes-Benz GLE 300 d 4MATIC MY2019 supplied by Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd as the wiring harness for the right seat of the second seat row may be damaged if the seat is moved along the guide rail.

For vehicles equipped with rear side airbags, the side airbag for this seat might not deploy as intended and the driver may not be informed if the seat occupant has not fastened their seatbelt.

Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz GLE 300 d 4MATIC MY2019

PRA No.

2020/18393

Date published

5 Jul 2020

Campaign number

RC2779

Product description

Mercedes-Benz GLE 300 d 4MATIC
Model Year 2019

62 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (28.03 KB)

What are the defects?

The wiring harness for the right seat of the second seat row may be damaged if the seat is moved along the guide rail.

For vehicles equipped with rear side airbags, the side airbag for this seat might not deploy as intended and the driver may not be informed if the seat occupant has not fastened their seatbelt.

What are the hazards?

If the side airbag does not deploy properly, there is an increased risk of serious injury or death to vehicle occupants in the event of an accident.

What should consumers do?

Consumers are asked to contact their most convenient Mercedes-Benz retailer for a free-of-charge check and repair.

To find a local Mercedes-Benz dealer, visit https://www.mercedes-benz.com.au/passengercars/mercedes-benz-cars/dealer…

Supplier

Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Mercedes-Benz dealerships

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 11 February 2019 - 5 April 2019

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.

1 Like