Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz G Class MY2011-2018 Recall

A recall notice for Mercedes-Benz G Class MY2011-2018 supplied by Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd as strong vibrations, such as driving on corrugated roadway, could cause the brake lines in the ABS hydraulic unit to crack, resulting in brake fluid leaking and affecting the vehicle’s stopping distance.

Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd — Mercedes-Benz G Class MY2011-2018

PRA No.

2019/17801

Date published

24 Sep 2019

Campaign number

RC 2666

Product description

Mercedes-Benz G Class
Model Years 2011-2018

451 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (13.92 KB)

What are the defects?

Strong vibrations, such as driving on corrugated roadway, could cause the brake lines in the ABS hydraulic unit to crack, resulting in brake fluid leaking and affecting the vehicle’s stopping distance.

What are the hazards?

The braking power of the affected circuit may be impaired, which may lead to a longer stopping distance, increasing the risk of an accident or injury to vehicle occupants and other road users.

What should consumers do?

Consumers are requested to contact their most convenient authorised Mercedes-Benz Retailer for a free of charge repair.

To find a local Mercedes-Benz dealer, visit https://www.dealerlocator.mercedes-benz.com.au/

Supplier

Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Mercedes-Benz Dealerships

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 1 February 2011 - 31 October 2018

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development is the responsible regulator for this recall.

Wow. A Mercedes 4WD that can’t handle dirt roads.

2 Likes