Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz C 300e and GLC 300e MY2019-2020 Recall

A recall notice for Mercedes-Benz C 300e and GLC 300e MY2019-2020 supplied by Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd as the shielding of the high-voltage wiring harness may not be able to prevent electrical overload.

Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz C 300e and GLC 300e MY2019-2020

PRA No.

2020/18725

Date published

16 Dec 2020

Campaign number

RC2836

Product description

Mercedes-Benz C 300e and GLC 300e
Model Years 2019-2020

7 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (24.42 KB)

What are the defects?

The shielding of the high-voltage wiring harness may not be able to prevent electrical overload.

What are the hazards?

As a result, a contact point of the high-voltage wiring harness to the power electronics may overload. If this occurs, there could be a loss of the vehicle’s electronics. If the vehicle electronics malfunction, the vehicle may stall, increasing the risk of a crash, causing injury or death to vehicle occupants and/or other road users.

What should consumers do?

Consumers are asked to contact their most convenient Mercedes-Benz Retailer for a free of charge check and repair if required.

To find a local Mercedes-Benz retailer, visit https://www.mercedes-benz.com.au/passengercars/mercedes-benz-cars/dealer…

Supplier

Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 1 July 2020 - 18 August 2020

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.