Mazda

Not trying to be pedantic but is your list from 2.0 to 5.0 noting there seems to have been a 3.0 and 4.0. Some of those fixes might have fixed bugs introduced in the intermediate releases. Or not. And there seems little justification to expect new features beyond the specifications for the original vehicle purchase. The original functionality should be/been made to function properly.

There is ample evidence from complaints on numerous forums that they are not alone :frowning:

Without @rowdy1961’s input on what problems his Mazda-Alpine exhibits and questions posed, I think we are at the end of this topic. Anything to add @rowdy1961 or shall we close it?

3 Likes

In the absence of further information from @rowdy1961 the topic is closed.

5 Likes

@rowdy1961 has been away on holiday and advised he is back, and asked for the topic to be re-opened.

1 Like

After the thread was closed, I came across this article from the US Motor Ombudsman which is similar issue to that raised above. While it is a US ombudsman decision, the rationale for the decision possibly applies:

Therefore, unless the Mazda warranty specifically states that it will update firmware on non-Mazda devices installed within their vehicles during the warranty period, Mazda has no obligation to update the firmware. It also states ’ While this is not part of the regular servicing and maintenance of the car, it remains the owner’s responsibility to ensure that any software updates are implemented so they can make full use of these features.’ As indicated above, I personally would be reluctant to perform a firmware update unless one can be sure the update can be used without any issue on Alpine models installed in Mazdas.

1 Like