Mazda Australia Pty Ltd - Mazda3 MY2014-2016, Mazda6 and Mazda CX-5 MY2012-2018 Updated Recall

An updated recall notice for Mazda3 MY2014-2016, Mazda6 and Mazda CX-5 MY2012-2018 supplied by Mazda Australia Pty Ltd as affected vehicles may accumulate carbon deposits in the intake shutter valve, in addition to premature wear of certain engine components.

Mazda Australia Pty Ltd - Mazda3 MY2014-2016, Mazda6 and Mazda CX-5 MY2012-2018

PRA No.

2019/17867

Date published

10 Oct 2019

Campaign number

R201912

Product description

This recall has been updated on 14 January 2020 to attach updated VIN list.

Mazda3 (BM)
Model Years 2014-2016

Mazda6 (GJ, GL)
Model Years 2012-2018

Mazda CX-5 (KE, KF)
Model Years 2012-2018

Diesel vehicles only

34 122 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list (updated).pdf (1.33 MB)

What are the defects?

The affected vehicles may accumulate carbon deposits in the intake shutter valve, in addition to premature wear of certain engine components.

What are the hazards?

If carbon deposits accumulate in the intake shutter valve or the vehicle experiences premature wear of certain engine components, the following symptoms may be presented:

• A gradual drop of engine power.
  • Multiple warning lights to display on the driver’s dashboard.
  • A gradual increase in vehicle stopping distance.
  • Potential engine stall with no re-start.
  • Smoke may emit from the engine compartment.

If any of the above symptoms occur, there is an increased risk of an accident or injury to vehicle occupants and other road users.

What should consumers do?

Mazda Australia will contact all affected owners to arrange a time to book vehicle in for repairs, once parts become available. Owners will be advised to present their vehicles to have the affected components inspected and repaired, where required, and also complete a software update to the Engine Control Module, at no charge.

Consumers who require further information should contact Mazda Customer Support on 1800 034 411.

Supplier

Mazda Australia Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Mazda dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 26 January 2012 - 10 August 2018

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development is the responsible regulator for this recall.

2 Likes