Make your own garden insect repellant spray

Around my garden have always had problems with Aphids , white mites slugs and snails etc I used to make up a solution of crushed garlic cloves and dish washing liquid . Worked great but if over spray came back on you the smell of garlic was a bit ion the strong side . I’ve been using the following anti insect and slug repeller formula for some time now . Works very well and is easy on the nose .

Canola oil…20 ml

Dishwahing detergent …2 ml

Water…1 litre

Eucalyptus Oil…5 ml

Canola oil is the best to use apparently because of natural insect repellent quality . Spray works well on roses , tomatoes etc . Make it up , use it . It does not store well . The dish washing liquid I use is Earths Choice Dish washing concentrate , a Choice reco product . Give it a try because some of the off the shelf products have some real “nasties” in them that are under review for usage in some other countries .[quote=“annaa63, post:2, topic:13088, full:true”]
you need to use detergent that doesn’t have a degreaser in it. eg Dr Bonner… all health-food shops sell them
[/quote]

5 Likes

you need to use detergent that doesn’t have a degreaser in it. eg Dr Bonner… all health-food shops sell them

1 Like

@annaa63 Thank you for the input . Will take that advice on board .

You can also make your own white oil, I got my recipe from the Gardening Australia website when I googled up how to make white oil.
There are many website, most out of the USA, that give recipes using vinegar, bi-carb soda etc. I now clean my home using all natural
cleaning products, home made using what is in my pantry. So much cheaper and easier to make and use my own.

1 Like

Thankyou very much. Yeah, could have got ff some all natural gardening site but coming from a person just makes it that bit better.

1 Like

Any time .Glad you appreciated the post.