Lotus Cars Limited - Lotus Elise 2ZR Supercharged Models MY2012-2020 Recall!

A recall notice for Lotus Elise 2ZR Supercharged Models MY2012-202 supplied by Lotus Cars Limited as the plastic spacers fitted between the fuel rail and cylinder head may expand and contract, which can cause a reduction in the clamping force of the bolts securing the fuel rail to the cylinder head resulting in the fuel rail vibrating and loosening.

Lotus Cars Limited - Lotus Elise 2ZR Supercharged Models MY2012-2020

PRA No.

2020/18108

Date published

17 Jan 2020

Campaign number

2019/02R

Product description

Lotus Elise 2ZR Supercharged Models
Model Years 2012-2020

152 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (11.41 KB)

What are the defects?

The plastic spacers fitted between the fuel rail and cylinder head may expand and contract, which can cause a reduction in the clamping force of the bolts securing the fuel rail to the cylinder head resulting in the fuel rail vibrating and loosening.

What are the hazards?

If the fuel rail loosens this may result in engine failure and fuel may leak onto the engine causing a risk of fire which could result in an accident, serious injury or fatality.

What should consumers do?

Owners of affected vehicles will be contacted. Dealers will make arrangements with the customer for the vehicle to be modified once parts become available.

Dealers can be contacted by visiting https://www.lotuscars.com.au/dealer/auer-lotus-stockach/

For further information, contact Lotus Cars by email at info@simplysportscars.com

Supplier

Lotus Cars Limited

Traders who sold this product

Autostrada Luxury Cars
Barbagallo Motors Perth
Belcar Automotive Group
Krause Motors
Lotus Brisbane
Motorline (Lotus Cars Queensland)
Simply Sports Cars
Zagame Automotive Group

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 1 July 2011 - 31 December 2019

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development is the responsible regulator for this recall.

1 Like