Limits to replies in topics

Sometimes I get a popup that says I have reached my limit of replies in a particular topic and thus unable to contribute further. It normally specifies a limit of three, but this is rarely the case.
Bug? Or is there some setting in discourse user settings doing this?

I am not sure what happened, or what your trust level was, but something turned you into a ‘novice’. I reset your account to a regular so that limit should be removed.

5 Likes

Thankyou @PhilT

3 Likes

Note that even for “regular users”, the forum software expresses opinions about things like:

• “you” have contributed too many of the replies to a particular topic
  • “you” should be combining multiple replies into a single reply

However in my experience those are advisory only i.e. not enforced, and you just acknowledge the badgering from the forum software and continue on.

Yes, you can ignore the advisories and continue on. In my case it was a hard limit. And it was set to some level even below novice. Because once my priviledge level was reset, I received both a novice award and regular award upgrade.
It seems to be there to protect newcomers from doing too much damage to the orderly functioning of the Community. Until they get to know the site. Particularly the rules of conduct.

2 Likes