LG refrigerators with water dispensers do not dispense chilled water

I recently purchased a LG 635L refrierator with InstaView and a water / ice dispensor (plumbed).
The water dispensor was not producing chilled water so I called LG support (probably in the Philippines). I was shocked to find out that no LG plumbed refrigerators produce chilled water out of the ice/water dispensor. It’s just tap water temperature.
I called LG and they confirmed that there is a tiny reservoir in the fridge, 360mL, that supplies water for the ice maker.

The technician confirmed that the LG plumbed units do not supply chilled water. Only filtered water.

The LG marketing material should specify that the water dispensor is not chilled water.

4 Likes

I would be equally dismayed. Our new Pansonic delivers chilled water and ice as expected.

1> IF you had a chat with the salesperson and explicitly indicated you expected chilled water you could read about your rights under the ACL as having been sold an unsuitable product and asking for a refund or exchange for one suitable for your needs.

2> IF you did not have that chat I personally think any reasonable person would assume a water dispenser on a fridge would be chilled water and if that reasonable person had known or been made aware it was not, they would not have purchased the fridge. GOTO ‘1’ and proceed accordingly unless you have decided you can live with it and the fridge otherwise suits.

1 Like