Kogan Health Insurance

Kogan have entered the market by teaming up with AHM. Another one for Choice to list and compare?

Site address is:

I don’t use Private Health Insurance and find it expensive for what it provides. Is this new one any different?

3 Likes

I also see Suncorp has also recently joined the health insurance bandwagon as well, partnering with nib health funds which is also the issuing party.

https://www.suncorp.com.au/insurance/health.html

4 Likes

The products are being underwritten by AHM (owned by Medibank) - I had a quick look at their website and their offerings look similar to the main AHM brand products. All combined policies though, no standalone hospital or extras. More’s the pity for Kogan, because AHM’s budget extras product tends to rate well.

We’re expecting to get the Kogan policies in our comparison tool either in March or April updates.

3 Likes

… though Kogan will probably offer periodic specials like free shipping on their DIY heart bypass kits :wink:

4 Likes

Having been ripped off by Kogan products and thoroughly disgusted by Kogan ‘customer service’ I would not even consider Kogan Health Insurance.

3 Likes

I would not buy a band-aid from Kogan. I have had several really bad experiences dealing with them. I found them untrustworthy and deceitful. I could not imagine the nightmare that would be created by joining them with health insurance. JMO Anneke

2 Likes