Kia Motors Australia - Kia YP Carnival MY2020 Recall

A recall notice for Kia YP Carnival MY2020 supplied by Kia Motors Australia as the positive terminal on the alternator may not have been tightened to specification during assembly. Should the terminal become loose, this may increase the resistance to the alternator and may lead to heat being generated, which could result in a fire within the engine compartment.

Kia Motors Australia - Kia YP Carnival MY2020

PRA No.

2020/18458

Date published

30 Aug 2020

Campaign number

Product description

Kia YP Carnival
Model Year 2020

2 241 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.pdf (658.92 KB)

What are the defects?

The positive terminal on the alternator may not have been tightened to specification during assembly. Should the terminal become loose, this may increase the resistance to the alternator and may lead to heat being generated, which could result in a fire within the engine compartment.

What are the hazards?

If the vehicle alternator overheats and this results in an engine compartment fire, this increases the risk of an accident, serious injury or death to vehicle occupants and other road users.

What should consumers do?

Kia Motors Australia is contacting all known owners of affected vehicles by direct mail. Consumers should contact their nearest Kia Motors Australia dealer to arrange for an inspection and repair of the vehicle.

For further information, consumers should contact Kia Motors Australia on 13 15 42.

Supplier

Kia Motors Australia

Traders who sold this product

Kia Motors Australia

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 30 August 2019 - 19 August 2020

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.